Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Stefy's call

This morning, I was awakened by a vibrating mobile telephone. I hate it when I have to unnaturally wake up. I would have headache or a terrible mood because of it.

“Hey, are you already awake?”

It was the first sentence spoken by a familiar voice, very familiar: Stefy’s. I was not mad at him neither I had a headache. As I was readying myself to go jogging, I was thinking about this occurrence.

“Okay, thanks!”

No sweet goodbye’s, no apologies for waking me early in the morning, neither a say “I miss you.” He ended our conversation with just a thank. I don’t mind really! But it made me think, we are different; he is different.

I was, then, thinking, if I got married with him, this would happen more often. In the beginning, he would praise me for the food I cook; he would call me the best chef or the most talented woman on earth. When we get older, he would probably do not even remember to thank me for cooking or even worse he would complain about tasteless dinner I made the night before or probably because I didn’t have time to cook. He would take me for granted as I would do, too.

No, I don’t mind, really.

I, then, began to think I think “I am still in love with him” –even stronger. The fact that he called me really early in the morning to talk about his dissertation that occurred to be a problem for him was a proof that I am important for him. I like it. I have the feeling that he needs me.

Don’t you think that this is what our Father in heaven would feel or think? Sometimes we take his blessings for granted. It seems like we are saying “ah, God, it is Your responsibility to bless us.”

I think a simple ‘thank you’ isn’t difficult, is it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe..cowok memang unik ya (seunik diri kita buat mereka). Aku juga pernah ditelp ama mr.choco pas dia pusing ngerjain tugasnya. "Kamu sibuk?" Setelah aku jawab "ndak", maka blablabla...dia cerita tentang tugasnya...dan diakhiri.."oke thanks, ntar aku telp lagi". Hehehe...ya tapi aku bangga dan seneng sih, karena aku orang yang dia pilih untuk jadi 'tong sampah', untuk berbagi. Apalagi cowok kan cenderung introvert, cenderung menyelesaikan masalah mereka sendiri. Kalo mau ceritain masalah mereka sama kita yang cewek ini...itu berarti spesial banget :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger KP AND REE REE said...

Hi, I noticed Indonesia as one of your interests and it looks like we share the same faith. I would love to have you post on my blog!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home