Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Count on me, girl! - no, count on Him!

I have been enjoying Yahoo Messenger Radio and You Tube.
Seriously,..
With YM Radio, I can listen to all types of music, depending on my mood, especially oldies music: Beatles, Johnny Cash, Sinatra, all the Big Bands, etc.
With You Tube, I can see a video clip and bring back memories about my childhood or high school. Like this song below,..

I loved Whitney Houston, especially when she sang this song.
I think I was in my last year of elementary school,..
Hm,.. probably in the beginning of my junior high school.
Anyway, I loved this song; although, at that time, I only spoke some broken English and I could hardly understand what this song really meant.

Read this lyric through, and bring back your memory, if you have any.
Or just enjoy the lyric.

Count on me- Cece Winans & Whitney Houston

Count on me through thick and thin
A friendship that will never end
When you are weak, I will be strong
Helping you to carry on
Call on me, I will be there
Don’t be afraid
Please believe me when I say
Count on...

I can see it’s hurting you
I can feel the pain
It’s hard to see the sunshine though the rain
I know sometimes it seems as if
It’s never gonna end
But you’ll get through it
Just don’t give in cause you can...

I know sometimes it seems as if
We’re standing all alone
But we’ll get though it
Cause love won’t let us fall

There’s a place inside of all of us
Where our faith in love begins
You should reach to find the truth in love
The answers there within, oh
I know that life can make you feel
It’s much harder than it really is
But we’ll get through it
Just don’t give in

***
I have a friend: a very good one, actually.
She has been through a very difficult moment.
What she probably saw was dark clouds and rain falling down, non-stop, from the sky.
She had stolen a glance on her neighbour, whose sky is blue with extra sunshine.

You know what tragic was, I, as so-called her best friend, has not been around.
I knew she has been facing this; yet she seemed enjoying the torture;
She enjoyed standing in the rain, drinking sour water mixed with polluted air.

Who am I telling her not to do it when she enjoys doing it?
Ah, what are friends for?

As I (back again) watched the fifth season of Scrubs, J.D. was saying that everyone has a different method to learn. As for me, I expected that she would ever realise that standing in the rain won’t bring any good. Move on, and find the right shelter!

My friend, if you had a glimpse of my absence, I am sorry for not being around. It is just I want you to make your own move without my meddling. Since I ain’t any gods who know what your future might bring, I chose to be distant. I believe our God will give you a clue what your next step is.

As J.D said, "no matter what comes around, as long as you have friends around you.." Yes, you can count on me, on us, especially on HIM.

*I dedicate the song above for you*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home