Saturday, June 24, 2006

Just like Jesus

Counting down, 20 days to go.
I am so excited of going home. I cannot imagine that I would be back in my simolawang house, screaming to my silly dog, Jack; teasing my little sister, making her crying or at least shouting; stealing food from the kitchen before lunch time or just chatting with my mom till after midnight.

A couple months a go, I would still be perplexed to decide: going, staying, working, studying, or what.

On one hand, I was upset because I have been in the Netherlands for quite a while – four years; I have learned the language, culture and known the people. Thus, I have to go back to Indonesia? Oh no,…

On the other hand, I was happy. You know that Stefy is in Surabaya, and I don’t think he would ever move out from there. I will meet Stefy again. My family, the most important thing in my life, is in Indonesia. Also, I have more openings to accomplish my ‘mission’ in Indonesia. (Some of you might know this ‘mission.’ Please pray for me and with me).

Thus, what would my decision be? Staying or going?

These last couple of weeks, I became more and more aware of the fact that I am about to go home. Although I kept saying to people that it would always be possible to stay in NL, I just knew that God led me, more and more, clearer and clearer, to the way to Indonesia. I couldn’t deny it.

Happy? Yes, indeed! Sad,.. yeah,.. terribly sad.
I have thousands of people I love in the Netherlands. My Albert Heijn. Beside my part-time job, Albert Heijn, a place where I have been working at, was a mission field for me. No,.. I am not sitting behind my till and shouting about Jesus all the time. Nor did I pray for people in the supermarket. I ain’t a good public speaker either. I prayed for people, in my heart.

A man, a very nice old man, was a junkie. He drank a lot. He was addicted to beer. If he came to Albert Heijn, he would buy nothing but beer. Sometimes he bought two or three cans of dog food. Sad. I always spoke to him, and asked him to limit his beer. One day he came to me, saying that he would go to rehab centre to stop his drinking behavior.

Did he stop drinking? Yes for a while, but then, he began again. He told me it was so difficult to stop. Once, I had courage to tell him “You can do it. I am sure. I will pray for you.”

He is now in a very good condition. He found himself a job in Belgium and he is now about to go to Thailand. He stopped his drinking behavior.

Another customer, an old woman, came to my till telling me that her mother is dying. Every time she saw me, she would tell me that her mom is getting worse. I, once, told her that I would pray for her. Her mom was indeed passed away. Lately, her husband got a cancer. Thankfully, he is not getting better. Last week, she approached me saying “thank you for your care. I am so glad my husband is getting better. Praise the Lord!”

I have been praying for many people in this store. Only God know how they are at this very moment.

Another family is OMF big family: Ruan and Family, Tim and Tam, Baak family. Everybody has been very nice to me. I love them very much.

God is very good to me. In my doubt, he gave me an answer of my questions. While I was jogging, I immediately thought about Jesus. Jesus began His ministry when he was 30. In the middle part of the Gospels, we see that Jesus has gained His popularity (e.g. in Palm Sunday, many people praised Him!). In three years time, Jesus had to go back to His father, left His ministry on earth and began another ministry.

I know Jesus’ ministry is much more worthy than mine, but I found similarity in His story. In three years time, Jesus must have found best friends, family, relatives, favorite food, and favorite vacation; yet, He had to leave all of these and do another thing. I had to do the same.

Netherlands is great. I have had so many friends, many favorite things, hobbies, my lovely bike,.. I have had a great time. I know that God is now sending me to do another ministry in Indonesia.

I know it would not be easy.
Since I have been living on my own, in a room, I have to get used to live with my parents and bro and sis. Since I have been enjoying long distance relationship with Stefy, I am about to face the real relationship: I cannot just run away when I have a fight or problem with Stefy. Since I have been very independent, I have to learn to be collectivist, to be dependant on other people.

What I know for sure to be easy is to trust the same God that stays the same yesterday, today and forever.

For you who are in the Netherlands, I am organizing a little something in my flat: Diemerkade 85, Diemen. It is in the afternoon. You can come and chitchat with me. If you know Ardylles, it is his birthday party, too.

Anyway, I am leaving on the 14th at 11.50 with SQ. Please keep praying for me. There are thousand things need to be done.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess like Him, when you leave many people will indeed treasure you inside their heart :)
sedih itu biasa Nie, but we are all still on a journey.
new challenges r waiting for us!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home