Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Fighting for country – inspired by Pearl Harbor film

It might the third time for me watching Pearl Harbor. The first thing that would come to your mind is Nia is reallyyy cheezzy; it’s too class, too romantic. Another perception would be Nia is macho; she loves action film and war.

I don’t know which one is correct, yet I enjoyed watching it for the third time.

After my posts lately about marriage, love and relationship, you might, again, think that I will write something about love, or even better about Mr. Weirdo.

No no,.. this time you are wrong!

I was really amazed with the thoughts I had while watching this film. With all the sarcastic scenes overwhelming, also romantic moments among those three actors and actress, I, in contrast, thought about my relationship with my God.

If those armies were really brave, fighting for their country; being proud for what they had done for their country, why wouldn’t I be proud for what I’ve done so far for my God, my King, my Savior and also my Best Friend?

Those armies were fighting, until their last breath. Even they would be shot, be died on the war or fall from the plane, they would gladly take the risk.

Do you know that the armies are mostly unpaid, voluntary?
And why are the armies still proud doing their tasks, even though they won’t get something financially out of it?

Hm,.. I might not know precisely about financial assistance for those armies, yet I know for sure that hundred years ago, when wars against other countries, lands were still popular, most of the armies were unpaid.

For Indonesian, you might remember what you’d learned at elementary school, PSPB, about Sultan Agung, Sultan Hasanudin, etc. who were bravely fighting against Dutch armies. They were really brave; they fought against colonialism, screamed for independence of Indonesia. You would know, too, that those heroes didn’t receive material rewards. They were just being remembered.

I, as Christian, am now fighting against the world, against what is wrong, and am a representation of God’s Kingdom. I am fighting for the God’s Kingdom.

So, why should I be afraid?
Because I know that I fight for my God, and I should be proud of it.
Even though no reward will crown me, or material assistance would be abundantly given, I have to be proud!

So, are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home