Thursday, April 14, 2005

Garden of Eden 2005

(this article was written before the last one)

While start writing another article, Mr. Weirdo called me. What a wonderful day! (Not exactly a wonderful day. I got ill, and I rested on my bed the whole day. A disappointment really.)

I missed him so much. We hadn’t talked properly for almost 3 years. We’ve been together since 4 years a go, and during our almost 3 years, I study in the Netherlands; thus long distance relationship.

It is not always easy, but thanks God we’ve been through this far. I am so glad!

He called me with wonderful news that he now can call me everyday, unlimited. Whenever he will, whenever he can, he can always call me with his new (mobile) telephone.

I was happy,.. really happy. I remember our old-times in Indonesia when we always spent chatting on the phone, hours and hours, almost every evening. (oh,.. sorry mom for the expansive telephone bill!)

Great, thanks God, I now can communicate with him properly.

We chatted about a lot of things: from school, friends and, of course, our relationship. Just a hint, we’ve faced difficult times lately, please pray for it.

In the end, he told me how he got that telephone. Apparently, it is an illegal way to call. I was surprised! It works like this: you pay amount of money, you get the telephone and number and you can just call anyone, wherever, whenever,..

Yeah,.. it is strange. I had the thought as well, but I assumed that Indonesia is always so creative with diversity of telephone. So, nothing is impossible, I thought.

I shut. I didn’t know what I should say. One hand, it is really tempted, because you can call each other like we used to do. On the other hand, it is indeed false.

If you know how the telephone really works,.. you will agree with me. Thus, it is not just like the explanation above. The number is actually one’s telephone number. Mr. Weirdo uses someone’s number, secretly. In the end of the month, all the extra costs will go the official user, who is not Mr. Weirdo.

I decided to speak up. I told Mr. Weirdo that I am not happy with what he’s done. I explained that what if he was the official user. Wouldn’t he be shocked with his telephone bill in the end of the month?

He was silent.
“Hey, don’t you think that we are in the same situation as Adam and Eve? Only you play the first victim, Eve and I play Adam’s role.” I told him.

Don’t you think so?

God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden. Yet, the serpent said switched the fact. It said that it would make them to see good and bad, and become like God.

Eve took the fruit, shared it with Adam and when in the God found them naked, no one admitted the fault.

As our Eve, who played by Mr. Weirdo. He was offered to use the illegal telephone, with lie that it would make our relationship better, would improve our communication. Eve shared it with Adam, who played by me. Thanks God, He is with me, I refused it. Although I admit, that I doubted a little bit in the beginning.

Before we hung up the telephone, I told him I didn’t want him to cancel his telephone because of me, but because it is false. I hope he realizes it and not shadowed by the temptation of the sin.

God, please help him!

He might be disappointed with me. Even worse, he might not want to contact me anymore, also due to our difficult times lately, but yeah, I’ve brought him to the right path. And I am glad I did it.

(Adam and Eve lived happily ever after, didn’t they? Although Eve actually started up the problem, they also had a little fight in front of God’s judgment, in the end, they made up again, and yes, live happily ever after, have children, grand children,….)

Relevant Bible Verse:

Galatians 6: 1
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home