Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Short story – my new boss

It is not about my work in OMF, either about my new boss there. It is about my Albert Heijn job – a new boss, called Albert.

I didn’t remember anymore when I first met him, but I’d thought he was a nice guy. He was tall, old, had a little bit ‘grandpa’ look. I remembered greeted him at that time.

During my internship, I only work once a week, on Saturday. Thus, I hardly ever meet him.

One day, I went to my manager’s office to talk about my work. Since I lived in Veenendaal, I’d spent money a lot at train tickets; thus, I tried to ask whether there would be any possibility to work only twice a month – every other week. My manager, Angela, thought it could be possible, but she raised another possibility, which was giving me a transportation cost. I agreed, yet she needed to talk with the ‘big boss’, Albert.

I was so happy.
If I still worked every week and get my transportation cost back, that would be splendid!

Thank’s God I got it!
I finally got my transportation support from Albert Heijn; yet I should work more during summer in return. Never mind, I was so happy anyway.

One Saturday, when I was about taking my lunch-dinner meals from the store (thus if one works until 8 o’clock on Saturday, he may take his meals from Albert Heijn for free, not more tha 7 euro tho!). This ‘big boss’ came to me, saying “He,.. you can’t do shopping during a work time!” I said “I am about having my break. I will now take my meals” He went “but how would people know that you would have a break, not shop?” I was shut, what does this guy mean?? “Hm,.. I don’t know” I said. After messing around with his wise questions, he finally said “So take your uniform off!”

Oh my goodness,.. it is so simple to just say, Please take your uniform off while you are about taking your meals for break. I don’t like people talk about something implicitly, like he did. I was so upset. What a weirdo!!

After that happened, I had a bad mood the whole day.
Until in the end of the night, while I was having my coffee break, he came to the canteen. He said hi, and he joked that he felt sorry I was being alone in my coffee break. I smiled.

I didn’t know why but I started chatting with him, asking how he was doing, whether he liked working in our Albert Heijn, etc.

He, then, asked about what I studied, where I am from and where I lived. When I said that I lived in Veenendaal at this moment, he directly remembered that I am the one he’d given a transportation support. I thanked him as well for being so kind giving me transportation support.

Unexpectedly, he said:
“Oh, that’s all right! I am crazy about nice people. I respect them. You deserve it.”

All the anger that I’d bottled up just went away,..

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hwehehe.. another proove that God loves you :)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home