Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Free Ticket to Heaven,...

...See Bible for further information

I’ve heard this phrase a couple months ago, in the bible study, Amsterdam. I found it funny and attractive.

As I started to observe the words one by one, I found a lot of implications in this expression.

Free, yeah,… who don’t like free things? Free goodies from parfumerie store when you buy a bottle of perfume,, tasting new snack free in the supermarket, buy one get one free, get a free cap when you purchase $ 30 of the products, all free things with a ‘but’, with a requirements.

You don’t just get a free thing. Maybe you can try a snack freely in the supermarket, but yeah,.. you are expected to buy one. Anyway, you always go to supermarket to buy something, don’t you?

But in the expression above, free ticket is an absolute free. You don’t’ need to pay, no entrance fee, or enrollment fee. It is totally free.

You don’t need to follow a competition or quiz to win the ticket (as I did to win Pathe free ticket – to watch film in the cinema).

Heaven. Hm,.. does it really exist? Many people would even believe that it exists. One of my friends ever said that she believed there will be ‘something’ after people die. How about if Heaven is the best thing ever that will happen after you are not in the world anymore, after you close your eyes, breathe the last breath? Would you refuse it? Would you say ‘I don’t care!’?

Maybe you would, but for you who wouldn’t, think about how nice it is to get a free ticket to the best place ever, where there will be no more cries, no more pain, you will be surrounded by the ones you love. What a wonderful thing!

I would be extremely happy if I get a free ticket to North Sea Jazz, or free ticket to Indonesia, or to Norah Jones, Al Jerreau concert. I would happily scream if I receive free ticket to Hawaii (it will be my honeymoon place!), or free ticket to go to Disneyworld (I know I am childish).

How about you? Could you imagine that you get a free ticket to a place that better than any rock concerts, orchestra, holiday ticket, etc.?

The last one, see Bible for further information. Maybe you will think that you must read the whole Bible, and then you will get the ‘free ticket’. No, it is not that complicated. If you confess with your heart, and your mouth, that Jesus Christ is God, you will be saved,.. and guaranteed to be in Heaven with Him.

Thus, any applicants?


p.s. as Indonesia a land where you can’t obviously persuade people to follow your religion, I won’t do that either. I am a writer, I write what I have in mind, and if you don’t agree with what I’ve written, you may write me an e-mail. On the other hand, if you are moved by this article, I will be more than happy to talk about it and pray for you.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home