Monday, April 11, 2005

When I need to be loved,…

I’ve been really lazy to fill in my blog lately. I dunno, it might be that I’ve reached the peak and fed up to write more. Anyway, I want to ensure you that it doesn’t mean my blessings were declined.

I am just wondering whether I am loved, by somebody.

If, once, I wrote about how we have to say I love you before it is too late, now I ask myself whether one has told that he or she loves me.

If, last time, I portrayed how people’s feeling is, I am now sharing how I long to be loved, to be told I am loved.

It’s been almost three years, yes, it is almost three years in the Netherlands. Far away from family and friends.

No one here would easily say ‘I love you’ quickly to me. At least, I’ve heard that words so far.

I don’t remember my parents say ‘I love you’ before I went to bed, or saying that I am special.

Or am I just being sensitive?

Here, I hear parents, who I know, say to their kids, ‘I love you, sleep well!’ before the kids go to bed. First, I thought that it is no good, because the word ‘love’ will lose its meaning, its powerful meaning, if you repeatedly say it. But, finally, I realize that it is important to say love, because everyday, you will know that someone love you.


Even though you have bad time, you might be bullied at school, broken heart, bad marks, someone talked behind your back, whatsoever, you will always know that someone love you.

Thus, saying I love you is really important, but if you say, you really have to mean it.

I am just missing to hear that words, will be nice if I hear from my parents, bro or sis. Oh, I just miss them so much.

How about with my boyfriend? Do I hear those words regularly?

In fact, I don’t because we have long-distance relationship.
I remember last time, when we had a big fight, it was because these words: I love you. It might be nice to share you this.

As you know that long-distance relationship is not always easy, I do have problems as well. Once, I got really disappointed with his attitude. I said to him that sometimes I doubted whether he really loves me.

He is lazy to write email, not because he doesn’t want to, but he is no good at writing, that’s what he said. I know he is; he is better when he is talking.

I sometimes had a feeling that he didn’t do maximally to show how he cares about me, how he loves me.

Anyway, I don’t have to exhibit his deeds here, but what I want to say that your deeds will also show your love.

If you come on time, buy her a flower or chocolate (especially if you want to make a girl like me happy), send a card, send SMS, or any other special things, it will cheer one up, and s/he will know that you love her/him.

I am sure you know these. Just a little bit reminding, because the longer your relationship is, the clumsier you will be. You will treat your relationship as a routine and nothing will be special anymore. Thus,.. love is also treating someone special.

Unfortunately, Mr. Weirdo doesn’t say it that much either. He usually jokes while he is saying it. I would love to hear more from him.

…and you know, whenever he says it, I still has a ‘vlinder in de buik’ (butterfly in my stomach, it is Dutch expression to say that if you are in love, your heart will beat so fast, you will get nervous, your cheeks blushed, and basically you are happy).

Hope he will read it,…


By the way have you every read the description of love in 1 Corinthians? I call it Love Checklist. Thus, if you say you are in love, or you love someone, use this checklist, and find out about how you Love is:

Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (it is my favorite) Love never fails.”



P.s. Dear Mr. Weirdo. No matter what happen between us, I know that Love never fails; neither does our love. Love u.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sist, Jesus loves you! Always! And 'he' loves you too....=)
Hmm, aku juga sayang kamu hehehe...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home