Monday, March 07, 2005

Here I am!

Welcome in Veenendaal!

It’s been almost a month here in Veenendaal.

For you who haven’t heard that I moved in to a new (single) room in Veenendaal, this is a time to let you know that I, now, have a single room, in a house, in Veenendaal.

It’s really great to be here, as if I found my second family.

If you know Nia really well, you will know that I am a kind of person who is really uncertain to enter a new zone; I could also say that I am always uncertain, in the beginning, to step out from my comfort zone.

A couple months ago, before I moved out, I did think that I wouldn’t move. If I could choose, I would rather to stay in my previous room; even thought it means I have to sit 4 hours a day in public transportation. Especially when I saw that I would live in a house with Dutch couple, whom I didn’t know at all.

Many thoughts came out to my mind: would they like me? would I have problems with them? would I irritate them? Yeah,.. every negative thought I could think came up to my mind.

Apparently, it was just my stupid thoughts, which God didn’t even think to put one of them in His plans during my stay in Veenendaal. Stupid, huh?!

I am really happy at this moment.

Theo and Jocke are the people I live with. They are really funny. If in my previous post I wrote that I was desperate with my Dutch, I am, now, a little bit relax. They are now also really open to give me input, correct my Dutch and together we work on my Dutch.

I could spend hours to cook with Jocke; I learned to cook Dutch food from her. I also spend hours talking with and sharing to Jocke. She is as old as my mom. I could say that she is my second-mom.

Arie Baak and Tante Nieke are also Veenendaalers. Arie Baak is National Director for OMF NL and Tante Nieke is his wife. They are really nice; they are like my Opa and Oma (Grandpa and Grandma) for me.

John, Kathryn, Christopher, Daniel, Lissanne and Rosaline are my new big family. John is Arie Baak’s oldest son. It happened I went to their house, together with Arie Baak to bring Rosaline back. Rosaline liked me a lot. I’d met Lissanne, too, and she liked me. Anyway, Rosaline is 2 years old and Lissanne is 5.

One day, Lissanne rang my doorbell, invited me to go to her house and play with her. Wow!! I was surprised. I went there, and played with her. At the end of the day, Kathryn, their mom, asked me if I could baby-sit them.

Thus,.. now I have a new part-time “job”, babysitter!

The night I was babysitting, it was a great fun. I tried to be as neutral as possible. I didn’t want to be bossy. I always want to be a cool sister for my little brother and sister (whether I am actually a cool sister, you should ask my brother really!)/ When sleepy-time came, Daniel, 8 years old, insisted to play. Thus, we happened to play a board game, even though he had to sleep. No one knew, though! It was fun! It was like a BIG secret between us.

This afternoon, I went out walking and playing a sleigh in fake-hills nearby. Christopher, 11 years old, was a little bit distant when I first met him. Honestly, I was a little bit afraid, because he is a boy and I am not really good at communicating with little-teenager boy. Again, my fear didn’t even happen. He was a great fun! We were playing with sleigh, climbing hills covered with a lot of snow, and also cycling.

And more people,..

I couldn’t stop thanking God for what he’s provided. I am so glad that I am here.


p.s. it is not a normal topic that I usually write. I know. Yet, now, I am just overwhelmed with my new atmosphere in Veenendaal. I am so glad!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home