Thursday, November 04, 2004

Indonesia, I'm in love

“I am home!”
It was my first thought when I put my first step in Juanda airport, Surabaya.
I couldn’t imagine that I was home.
It was just three days preparation. My mom called me on Wednesday night to tell me that my grandpa was really ill, Thursday I booked a ticket and talked with my manager in the supermarket (I worked full-time as a cashier in Albert Heijn supermarket), Friday, I bought some presents for my family and friends and on Saturday I was already on board.

It was just like the answer of my prayer, like a dream came true.

If there is anyone that doesn’t like being home, with families and friends, that would be me. I felt miserable because I came home for my grandpa. Also, I wasn’t ready at all to meet Stefy.

I didn’t tell him about my visit to Indonesia. I wanted to make a surprise. It is actually the only one excuse that he knew.
There was actually another one.
I wasn’t sure with my relationship with him, Stefy, sorry if I didn’t tell you exactly, but I believe you knew it. We talked a lot at that time.

We had a big fight, a couple weeks before this dream-come-true visit. I was so tired that I wouldn’t even care about him anymore (it was my straight phrase in our last phone conversation). He was too easy-going person; he didn’t sweat small things that I did (in common, some guys don’t care what girls do), for instance about replying e-mails and efforts to show that he actually cared about me, missed me or loved me.

I am type of person who would more appreciate what you do rather than what you say. I admit that I felt honored and happy when he said he cared about me, loved me or missed me, but when the words just until the end of his tongue, I, then, would see him as a liar.

This problem happened not just once, twice, but many times; I reckoned it was the one, and only, and the most intense problem we’d had since the first time doing long distance relationship.

Thus, at that time, I gave up. I told him, not to call me, not to bother me; I told him to think what he actually wanted, his feelings and what his opinion about our relationship. Shortly, I was hopeless at that time. Even though I didn’t say out loud, I said, to myself, “Nia, you are totally single now! It won’t work.”

The days after that, everything was getting better, as usual; yet it didn’t totally change my mind, although, it, indeed, softened my heart. I turned up praying for our relationship. I asked God, what I needed to do, and as usual, I was asking God whether Stefy was ‘the one’.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home