Thursday, July 13, 2006

Newsletter - NL final edition

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

This song has been accompanying me packing and preparing myself to go back home, Indonesia, for indefinite time. This newsletter is my last one from the Netherlands and will be continued by the time I am in Indonesia.

Nia in these last couple of months
I am doing very great. I passed my final dissertation with a rich eight, as my supervisor told me; thus I assumed I got 8+. I praise the Lord for this result. I and my dissertation partner, Ulma, have been working very hard yet we were quite pessimist with the result since we have faced some difficulties during our project. Thus, an eight is a wonder for us.

While I was preparing to go home, canceling my insurance, my work at Albert Heijn supermarket, and other obligations, an opportunity to work in the Netherlands appeared. I was very surprised because it was two or three weeks before my deadline paying flight ticket.

I had applied for this job. I was waiting wondering whether God, last-minute, would show me another way; thus not going back home to Indonesia but to stay in the Netherlands.

A couple days before the deadline, I still had not heard anything. I prayed about it and I went to the travel agent, yes, to pay my flight ticket.

Two weeks ago, a woman replied my application saying that her company needed a Dutch native speaker for the position.

I felt so relieved as well as guilty because I was question and had a doubt on His guidance. Now, I am on my way to go home. Tomorrow (Friday, 14th July), I will be on a jet plane, waving to the Netherlands.

Nia in her new future
Here is my contact information in Indonesia:

Address: Taman Simolawang Baru Utara 15
City: Surabaya
Postcode: 60143
Province: East Java
Country: Indonesia

Thank you for your prayer and support during these times in the Netherlands. I am so thankful to know and meet you.

Prayer points:

1. For this time, please pray for my preparation, a safe journey and a good time in Indonesia.
2. A good resting time. I need a break after four years full of challenges and hard working. Yet, I am very bad at taking a break. I am too active sometimes. Please pray so that I can rest and have a time for family and friends.
3. Please pray for the culture shock I might have to face. It is strange, really, to have a culture shock in my own land. However, I need to adapt to my new life: staying with my parents, meeting and having short-distance relationship with my boyfriend, speaking Indonesian, and Indonesian culture (Indonesian food, as well, maybe).
4. Pray as well for my future: working or doing Master education. There are many possibilities; yet I will submit everything to God. I want to do something that pleases Him.
5. Thank Him for a wonderful period in the Netherlands
6. Thank Him, too, for being able to accomplish a great final dissertation result and graduate.
7. Thank Him for wonderful friends, colleagues and families in these last four years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Djo said...

nia...
selamat tinggal yaaa.. sampe kita bertemu lagi :)
semoga perjalanan lancar... dan future listnya tercapai :)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Djo said...

nia...
selamat tinggal yaaa.. sampe kita bertemu lagi :)
semoga perjalanan lancar... dan future listnya tercapai :)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

all the best nie :)
God bless you lah pokoknya..!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home