Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Gift from God

“How are you?”
If this question is raised to me at this moment, I would definitely answer ‘Fat, happy and blessed!’

It is totally true.
I’ve experienced the best and the most blessed Christmas ever, so far I remember.

I never know how I should begin my story. Should I start from the best part or begin with the worst part and end it with a beautiful story? Hm,.. I really don’t have a clue, let’s just see what I am gonna do in the few moment.

For my dearest readers, I am so glad that you’ve read my blogs a lot lately. I was actually quite surprised. As you may concern, the utmost topic lately is about money, money and money. Yes, it is true that at this time I want to underline it again. Sorry if it is too somber recently, but I promise you this time you won’t get the same old stories about me needing money a lot, because at this time you will know how good my Jesus is.

A couple weeks ago, in the middle of my happy day, my best friend called me. The conversation went so,…
X: Hi! Where are you?
Nia: In the tram stop, waiting tram 9 to my uncle’s house. Are we still gonna go to the city?
X: That’s okay!
Nia: By the way, how was your job interview this morning? Did it go well? Do u get the internship?
X: Yeahhh!! (screaming with her happy voice and laughing)
Nia: Cool!!! Wow! We have to celebrate it.
X: Hahaha (giggling)
Nia: Anyway, Would u get paid? How much?
X: (a few moment mute because of the cell phone signal) *** hundred.
Nia: What?? I can’t hear u
X: (she said amount of money which too much for an internship salary)


I stunned.
I totally stunned. The worse was I cried.
No no,.. not totally crazily cried, but I dropped my tears feeling sorry for myself and being angry with this circumstance.

I asked God His justice. As you know I am working in a Christian missionary organization (OMF). I work for God, I work for His works in the world. I do charity. I help other people. But why on earth she deserves more than I do?? She would work in a commercial organization. So far I am concerned, she doesn’t have a mission of missionary work as I do. So why would she get more?

I could not answer it. I questioned myself whether she is actually better than me, or maybe God loves her more than He does to me. I couldn’t stop asking Him. I just couldn’t understand Him at all.

It was as if someone woke me up from my nightmare, or it was more like someone shaking my shoulder awake me from my silly imagination. “Nia, remember what you got last weeks?”

Everything stopped.
Seriously, everything didn’t move; I stunned.
A scene of ‘last week episode’ came into my mind.

In the office

I was busy designing a special page for Serve Asia website. Suddenly Mr. Henk came to my bureau.


He said “Nia, you receive a gift from someone.”
I was silent and then with laugh I answered “No way, you must be joking.”
“No no, it’s serious. You get a gift from someone, anonymous, from England. He gave you amount of money (which I couldn’t mention how much it is) with a note says a gift to Nathania Limanto to visit her parents in Indonesia.”
I was totally bewildered.
I couldn’t say any words, not even cry nor laugh. “Henk, you must be joking. No way! I can’t believe it.” He just laughed saying “No, it’s true. You get a give. Praise the Lord!”
(the conversation above is translated in English)

In a few times after that episode I still couldn’t believe what I’ve got.
Gift is part of OMF life. Every workers, either employees in the home office or missionary workers in the fields would get financial supports from a lot of people. In other words, they live through gifts. In order to do so, they have to find someone to support them financially and spiritually and write newsletter regularly. I am not a full-time official worker, neither a missioner; I am not writing a newsletter either. Thus, who would give me then? Who is he or she? I still couldn’t stop thinking about it.

The amount of money would be enough to support my life in the next few months. When I told my parents, they cried. I cried too when I got home. Praise the Lord! He used impossible ways to reveal Himself. He always has a way for me.

Thus, Nia, what were you questioning?

Back to the moment in Tram 9 heading to Diemen.

I remembered what God’s given to me. He’s been so good to me. He provides what I need. Even though I don’t have a lot of money, I could always live sufficiently – not abundantly. I can eat, drink, and entertain myself in my own ways. I am happy.

What I was doing afterwards was singing and keeping telling myself that I am happy and God has blessed me a lot. I prayed so that God took away my lush and my jealousy.

I kept singing
I kept praying

Did it work?

It did, though some unanswered questions were still hanging on my head.

but yes,
I am blessed, and especially FAT! ):-)



p.s. Dear X, whom I has mentioned above. Sorry not telling you this directly. Just don't have the courage to tell you. Feel really ashame of myself. How could I think such like this? I am happy for you, indeed. Believe me, the questions hanging on my head at this moment is not about God justice between us, but more about what God wants in my life. The answer will be His.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ::Nia::,

I am a writer and I research gift ideas for e-books on original gift ideas for Christmas and other events like Valentine's, Easter etc. I also organize gift ideas per receiver, like for babies, for kids, for teens, for grandparents, for dog lovers, for him, for her, etc Or I organize them by category like romantic gifts and inexpensive gifts. In my research I also go through blogs that mention gifts and gift ideas or events like Christmas. That is how I came upon your blog this post. I would appreciate if you would share just one successful gift idea with me, for instance a Christmas gift for a girlfriend. I hope that my question doesn't annoy you. And I apologize if it does. I thought if I'd just ask enough people I'd wind up with plenty of good ideas to share with others again. That is what networking is all about, right? Or let's call it the spirit of Christmas. Let me know if I can do something for you. You can find my free e-books with gift ideas here: http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com. God bless.

Chevalier Blanc

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home