Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where is my TOFU and TEMPEH?

I love Tofu and Tempeh. Soy milk is also a great company for my breakfast.

"Something has been missing on many Jakarta dining tables in the past two days: everyone's favorite tofu and tempeh dishes."

I was shocked to death when I read the Jakarta Post a couple of days ago, because it must have been wrong. Tofu and tempeh are a must in Indonesian culinary.

Tofu, tempeh and other products made from soybenas are no longer cheap, because "It was around Rp 3,300 (30 U.S. cents) per kilogram last January, but now it's Rp 7,400," Asep, who is head of the Tangerang Tofu and Tempeh Communication Forum. It is +/- 60% more expansive!!

He also said soybeans were imported from the U.S. and the price had been on the rise since January last year.

I thought our country produce the best soybeans, the best tofu and tempeh's.

I am really concern about this issue, not only because I love soybeans, but it influences many people's lives. For instance a life of a man who committed suicide because he, who was a snack seller (read: penjual gorengan) in Jakarta, discovered that the price of his ingredients has increased very high. He couldn't buy nor sell anything.

Where will we go?

Where will this country go?


Sigh,..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

iya nech!!..
padahal "tofu n tempe" juga makanan sehari2 kuw (*anak kost*), la klo harga nya sampe segitu, trus kita-kita (*anak kos*)makan apa dunk!!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home