Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Strength of the Lord

Sometimes life seems like words and music
that cannot quite become a song.

Neither is mine. It does not even make a rhyme.
I am wondering, sometimes, why my life doesn’t make any sense. It is too difficult, I found.
I just can’t sing my line.

So we cry and sigh, then we try again
and wonder what could go wrong?

I thought I had learned my lesson; I thought that there was enough to learn.
My life appeared differently.
Frightening was I sitting next to my bad, praying for safety, so that the next storm wouldn’t hit me.
Desperate was I begging Him not to toss me back and forth.

I stood up, yes I did.
I fell, once again, fell. Why Lord?

But when we turn to The Lord,
at the end of ourselves,
like we’ve done a time or two before
we find His truth is the same.
As it’s always been.

Has He ever sent me to bed with an empty stomach?
Has He ever put me under the rain in the middle of the night without any place to sleep?
Even with tears, I always ended my fully month with enough coins in my pocket and just sufficient supplies of food.
“I will be with you ‘till the end of the age,” He said to me and indeed He fulfilled His promise.

We never will need more
It’s not in trying but in trusting
Not in running but in resting
Not in wondering but in praying
that we find the strength of The Lord.

What an encouragement to hear that I just need to trust, to rest and to pray.
They ain’t difficult, are they?
I am done running, Lord, yes I am.
I give up trying, especially times when I did try by myself.
I wouldn’t keep on dreaming because it is hurting.

I stretch my arms, very wide, move my head to the left and right.
Fewh,.. relaxing.
I should have known this before.
I grab my bible, the Message version, and start reading Psalms.

“How great is our God!”

p.s. thanks, desi, for the text u gave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home