Monday, August 14, 2006

Forever Jobless

For a person like me, it is so difficult to admit that I don’t have anything to do at this very moment. I am jobless! In the beginning, I was very positive to find a job right away. Yet, probably God has a different opinion and point of view.

I have been look for jobs in many places. I got accepted in some companies, but they just don’t fit me well. To fill my free times, I do talk to myself sometimes. I record one of my conversations.

Nia 1: Am I too picky?
Nia 2: I don’t know! I tried to be as open as possible, yet I haven’t found the right one.

Nia 1: You found two places. Don’t you think that one of those offers is actually the right one?
Nia 2: I am not sure. The first one was fun, working in a broadcasting company. Yet, the salary was too low and the place is too far away. Another one is in a university. It is not a growing university. Actually the position and job description are okay, but I don’t see a good future in this university. Besides, the accommodation is far too small and expansive, too. In general, I don’t like Jakarta either.

Nia 1: In some way I think you are too picky. I think the second option, in the university, is quite okay.
Nia 2: I know! I realize that, but every time I think about it, I don’t find peace in my heart. I worried about it. I prayed about it and I still found chaos in my heart. I think, God will place a peace in my heart if He also agrees to what I choose. Don’t you think?

Nia 1: Probably. He,.. is it not just a fear to be far away from home? Far away from Stefy, probably? Oh, you,.. don’t fool me with your excuses!
Nia 2: Hey, don’t get me wrong! I thought about it, but no,.. I have surrendered everything to God, even my relationship with Stefy which I assumed it would be vulnerable if I go to Jakarta. No, please, don’t think that I cling on to Stefy thus I won’t go.

Nia 1: Do you think that you are disobedient to God? Because you got accepted in two companies in Jakarta, and you refuse the offers. You said you don’t like Jakarta. I think, you just made up some excuses to make yourself look right and smart.
Nia 2: Oh my goodness! Yeah, I did think that I could probably disobey Him. I was so frightened that I acted like Jonah. He probably sent me to Jakarta but I “ran away” and chose to stay in Surabaya. If I kept running away from Him, from His will, he would soon dump me to the sea and be eaten by a huge fish (please not by an alligator).

Nia 1: Ah, yeah, probably I am too pushy, but how about the opportunities in Surabaya?
Nia 2: Right! There are some in Surabaya. I went to one interview in one of Newspaper Company. They liked me, but at this moment, they don’t have any openings. Thus, I had to wait until the end of this year.

Nia 1: My goodness! That’s too long, right?!
Nia 2: Yes, I think so, but you know, our time is not God’s time. Probably, God has prepared amazing things for me to do. Other opportunities are one in an international bank and in an international university. I would have interview sections with them soon.

Nia 1: Good luck! I am positive about these.
Nia 2: Yes, please do pray for me.

Yeah, I have many free times lately…. Thank God, I still have something to do. He knows too well that I am kind of person who doesn’t like being idle. I am too active sometimes.

I still manage some websites, take care of their contents, although sometimes I had to struggle with the internet connection. I still busy helping my friend and her magazine (www.curahanhati.nl). It is a great fun!

Next project is I would probably write a book together with Ms. Ulmie, but not sure yet! Please do pray for us!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you've only been home for a few weeks, haven't ya? No need to worry. God may wanna give you a chance to have a good rest, before re-entering the real world. This time might even be more real! So enjoy every second, and keep trying, but SAY NO to stress.

Isr

7:19 PM  
Blogger Oma Nia said...

mbak isr, makacih yaa :D it's very encouraging

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nia,

mooi om nu je verhaal helemaal te lezen na wat korte kreten via msn. Ik begrijp je ideeen nu een beetje beter. Je hebt zoveel nagedacht de laatste tijd ook al in ned. En nu voel je je ws lui. God weet wat je allemaal al gedaan hebt de laatste tijd en Hij weet ook dat je mens bent. Bid voor je , dat je gedachten die veel zijn een beetje tot rust mogen komen. En op een stil plekje mag luisteren wat God voor moois voor je heeft.

efe2: 10 God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That's why he sent Christ to make us what we are.

Groet Jonathan

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home