Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Daniel, Andy and my birthday.

It might be a little bit too late to share about my birthday which has passed. It is not that I’ve been lazy to update my blog, neither because I was busy; yet I had other important things to do (sorry ulmie, I steal your words, tho I think it is realistic). I try to prioritize stuffs: better time-management.

Apart from my new method of managing time, this time I would like to share something about my birthday.A clue about my post, is that it is not going to be about my confession of secret boyfriends I have in the Netherlands, hehehe.

Probably you have noticed in my last couple posts, I had been moaning about being poor, not having money to treat, or to “celebrate” my birthday. I, kinda, didn’t want to admit that I was embarrassed not celebrating my birthday, although no one asked for it. Sad, huh?

My great housemates, they were very kind (thanks, guys!). They prepared dinner for my birthday. I didn’t expect that. I thought, I would spend my birthday doing nothing special. Thankfully, God, through my housemates, prepared something great.

Daniel, my cute, Tao Ming Tse-face, housemate, led the prayer before we ate our dinner (anyway, the dinner consisted of “typical Daniel” noodle, (tiny) fried fish, “pisang goreng, lodeh “pare”, sambal goreng tempe and “nasi uduk” with “kolak” as dessert). It was when Daniel prayed for me, for the opportunity to celebrate my birthday, to sit in the dining room eating dinner, yet there must be many people who couldn’t do that. There must be people who do not even bother with their birthdays. Birthday, for them, would just be like any other day. They think more on what they would eat tomorrow, or how they can feed the children, or where they are about to sleep that cold night.

I stopped.
I enjoyed my dinner; it was perfectly delicious.
Yet, when I chewed my fish, I reminded again, that I was wrong, very wrong.
(Thus, ardy, not because your smally, tiny, fish, heheheh).

The day after, I think, I felt like God really spoke to me, warned me about my stupid concept of celebrating my birthday.

Andy, a homeless guy who sells newspaper in front of my supermarket I work, had a quick chitchat with me before I went back home from work. I asked how he was, because he had been ill lately. Then, what I still remembered he said this “Yeah, it has been very cold lately and I don’t even know where I would sleep tonight.”

Oh Nia,.. how ungrateful you have been…!

You have a house, a nice SINGLE room to sleep. You eat three times a day, and if you are lucky you can buy snack to accompany you watch TV series – scrubs on your laptop. You study communication, doing final dissertation for European Union and your parents, who love you very much, are very proud of you. You have a boyfriend who will wait in Indonesia and your friends love you as much as your boyfriend (although in a bit different way,.. hehe).


Another lesson I learned, from God.

Thank you for that, Lord. It is now still an ongoing process. It is very difficult to be grateful to what I have now. I face difficulties, trials. All these stop me from seeing, perceiving how GREAT and BIG my God is.


Teach me more lessons, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home