Monday, November 07, 2005

Last weeks review

It’s been a while that I haven’t updated my blog. Busy? Hm,.. such a cliché answer. Yet, yes I was. I was very busy. It’s been a hectic week.

I am now quite relaxed. Assignments are done, deadlines were met, and obligations are done. Thank God!

Maybe it will be nice to review what have happened last weeks.

26-28 Oct 2005

I was in Germany for my school project – DIESCOM. As a group we were about to organize a corporate event on January in Amsterdam/Diemen, together with the German students. I stayed in a German girls’ s house, called Pauline. It was very special because I noticed that she was at the point of searching a ‘power’ beyond herself, i.e. God. I shared a little bit about my faith. Great!

Tiring, yet very nice. On January, they will come to Amsterdam. Looking forward to it!

28-30 Oct 2005

I went directly to a conference in Zelhem, the Netherlands. It was a youth mission Christian conference (Zendings Jongeren Weekend). In this conference, I was challenged to commit myself in mission not because of who I am, but because of God’s grace in my life.

The speaker, Peter, said that if we have passion to praise Him, to glorify Him, we will have compassion to serve other people.

The theme was ‘Count your cost!’ It was about (not) counting the cost of being God’s servants, because in whatever circumstances, happy or sad, it is so good to serve God; it is an honour to serve Him! I was directly examined in this lesson. I lost (again) my soft-lens (the right lens) during the night outbound. I was very mad. I was terribly upset, because, again, I had to spend extra money for something silly like that. I was very tired, too, after the German trip. In the end of the conference, I was reminded that it wasn’t about me; it is about Him. He will provide what I need and in whatever circumstances I have to praise Him!

30-31 Oct 2005

Because of the traffic jam, I decided to stay overnight in my boss’ house. It was so great to meet his daughters and wife after quite a long time. We watched ‘the office’ and ate typical Dutch fast food. It was the first time for me to eat Dutch fast food, after 3 YEARS!!! Hheeheheh,… amazing huh? I don’t like fast food: anti fast-food. He bought Bami balletjes, Nasi balletjes en Patat met Pindasaus for me. For non Dutch speaker,.. they were basically junk food – French fries with peanut sauce and some junk, fried vegetarian things.

The next morning, until a couple days afterward, I had a digesting problem; I couldn’t eat properly and I felt noxious.

Thus, No More Junk Food please,…

31 Oct, evening

Thank God, I slept in my own bed. Finally,..

4 Nov, early in the morning

I fell from my bike. I had a terrible accident on the way to my work.

I am okay now. Yet on that day, blood came out from my nose (Uh,.. scary) and my forehead was wounded. I, still, have a lot of blue ‘tattoos’ in my legs, arms and (left) eye.

Thank God, I am alive.

Through this accident, I realize how changeable our lives are.

It was so fast!

At 6.20 I was about to go, took on my shoes, looked to the mirror and was ready to go.

At 6.28 I was back in my apartment, a little bit crying, took of my shoes, in the same place, looked to the mirror, with bleeding nose and forehead and pain in my body, and with broken bike.

At that time, I just knew that I could never, ever, live without God. He has fully control on my life. Thank you, Lord!

6 November

Ready to sleep,..


One prayer point, please do pray for the pain in my body. It is annoying because I always feel it when I sleep and I can’t sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home