Thursday, October 13, 2005

God, I want pizza!

It is a funny title, isn’t it?

It is midnight and I was just having my time with God. I felt like He was telling me to share this to you. It might be nothing for you, but I am sure there is someone is touched by this story, at least this story meant very much for me, for my summer mission team.


Jogjakarta July 2005

It had been a hectic week. We had always something every single day. Starting in the morning, we went for sport, then continued by some fellowship with the students or handing out flyers in the university. All activities were very fun, yet we were exhausted.

Kaartje, once, suddenly said that she was into pizza! She wanted to eat pizza. (Can you imagine, 7 Dutch people, who normally eat stammpot, pizza, salad, bread, or something western, had to eat rice every single day?) Her suggestion influenced others to have the same appetite. Magg had the same enthusiasm to pizza, too.

I was okay with pizza, yet if I had to choose between pizza and Gudeg, I would certainly choose Gudeg. Pizza is not my favorite. It is filling, but within two or three hours you would get hungry again (hehe,.. or at least it is just me) and it is FATTENING, hehehe. At that time I didn’t say anything.

In the evening, after walking around in Malioboro (street market in Jogjakarta, very nice), we were asked by the students what we would like to eat. Kaartje said, certainly, that she wanted pizza for dinner. Most of us agreed on her suggestion. Unfortunately it was almost 9 o’clock, thus the stores were about to close. Ups,…. Hm…. Finally we decided to eat something in the food court restaurant. I ordered gado-gado (yes, I am still Indonesian). Some of us were quite upset because we didn’t eat pizza.

The day after, we were flying back to Jakarta, because our next trip was to Lampung. Thus, we had to take a bus from Gambir Station (train station in Jakarta near Monas – National Monument) to Lampung. Anyway, the flight tickets were really God’s presents for us. They were very cheap; I think they were as cheap as train ticket JogjakartaJakarta. We were very thankful, because by train, it would take 8-10 hours. Fewh,…

We arrived at our accommodation right on time for dinner. The accommodation was sort of a place for people from our organizations to stay. Thus, if someone from UK or Thailand come to do some business in Jakarta, they can stay in that accommodation. It was certainly much cheaper than in the normal hotel. It is a big house, with lots of rooms. The meals were always prepared by the pembantu rumah tangga (household servants).

Anyway, we came to the dining room, with hungry stomach, and,.. tam taram tam tam,….. we had PIZZA for dinner!!!

We just knew that God heard our prayer. I didn’t personally pray for pizza, but someone did. God is so hilarious.


Maybe some of you will think,… “oh Nia, it was just a coincidence.” Hm, it is fair enough if you think so. Yet, just think a while, in Indonesia, in Indonesian house, what is the percentage of you having pizza for dinner?

Friends, God hears your prayer, even the tiny things. I am so glad that He does. Thus, do pray, do say what you desire, what you are into, what your struggle,... everything! He listens to your prayer.


Lord, I know you hear me. You know me by name. I know that You give the best for us, for me. Thank you for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home