Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wings of Forgiveness*

Do you think that forgiveness is easy?

I don’t think so!

I have been reading many articles about controlling your anger; redeem your emotion, the power of forgiveness, the Five Languages of Apology, Anger Management, and other similar topics. Why is it so important to control your emotion? And why do we have to learn to forgive?

Are all these so hard to do?

Last month, I was shocked with news about a loving-happy couple that was found dead in their house. The police suspected the wife shot her husband while he was asleep and took a shoot to her own head, committing suicide. Wow! What a drama!

A similar story happened some months back when a police was accused of murdering his wife. Another story was about an ex-boyfriend attempted murder a married woman, because he was jealous and wanted her back. And there was, too, a story about a staff that shot his boss because he didn’t get what he wanted.

How about a story of a mom committed suicide with her three kids? It is, too, similar.

What is the red line of these stories? Yes, anger management and forgiveness.

Those were all extreme stories, about hatred that turned into murder. How about stories in everyday life?

I know some people who haven’t spoken to their brothers or sisters for years and years, just because they had a clash in the past – unforgiving clash. I know someone that had to sacrifice his hands or head when he got really angry – he would punch a wall or smack a mirror. I, too, have a friend that had broken up with her boyfriend just because she was very angry that she said cruel things unexpectedly that hurt her boyfriend so bad.

How about me? I had experienced being ignored by my classmate just because I got a better grade than he did. I, too, had ever had a huge fight with Stefy just because I got so angry that I couldn’t talk it out. I also ever had a problem with one of my housemates just because she didn’t tell me that she took my cookies in the cupboard (it was truly PMS, really!). And I was hurt, until now, just because someone said a very wrong thing, in front of my face, which I don’t really remember again what he said – yet it was hurtful – that I can no longer be nice to him, no more.

Forgiveness seems to be the answer of any hurt, pain, and anger.

Yet, is it easy to forgive?

I wish!


*titled inspired by Indie Arie's song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home