Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Rat New Year

Happy Chinese New Year!

I haven't really celebrated Chinese New Year for these past five years. I was abroad for four years and then another year somewhere in Timbuktu :P

This year, I am celebrating Chinese New Year again! Yipee,..
I am not traditional Chinese that do usual celebration. Some people are eating out, praying to their forefathers, purchasing special ingredients, etc. just to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I have been raised in a multicultural family. My Dad has a strong Chinese background and my Mom has Dutch background. Thus, what I remember about Chinese New Year is the red envelope (Angpao).

As a child, I had always been waiting for that red envelop every year. Children always get some from older, married people.

I am not sure whether I will get some this year, but let's hope for the best! At least, I will nag my dad to give me one :D hehehhe

Happy Chinese New Year, peepz!
May this year bring you good luck and prosperity.

By the way, this coming year is the year of Rat. MY YEAR!! :D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home