Saturday, January 14, 2006

2002-2006

I went to my friend's blog, Ega
and I just found out that he has officially joined the Long-distance club.

Welcome, bro! :)

It made me think to the year 2002, when the struggles started.
Fight by fight,..
arguments,..
nonsense talking,..
nonsense fears,..
useless tears
and finally the real separation.

I really thank God for what we have now. I just know it that it is not my ability. It is not our strength to keep this relationship; yet His grace.

If I looked back to these years, I found many silly things.

1st year:
- Fighting about not replying e-mails
- Sending SMS (or not replying SMS)
- Miscommunication
- Jealousy
- Love temptation (ups,..)

It was very difficult in my first year, yet it had been very fruitful. We passed the first year, and as a present God granted us a moment to meet. Bang Tepy came over here :) Nice!!

2nd year:
- Fighting about our principles (Stef, remember? the 'swimming' moment)
- Miscommunication
- Unresolved conflict (Ups,.. am I now doing my 'managing conflict' assignement? :p)
- (still) Jealousy
- (Another) third-part intervention alias love temptations


It was still difficult, especially it was because we met each other and then separated again. We were getting older, too; we became mature. In the end of 2003, we had to decide a break. Yeah,.. a break,.. it was tough. Thankfully, in 2004, God was, again, very gracious. I went back to Indonesia because of my grandpa's health. I met him.

2nd year Indonesia:
- I surprised him. I didn't tell him that I was going home. He was VERY surprised.
- We just needed 30 minutes to talk out our problems,... all the hidden problems.
- We were together again.
- He gave me a ring (huhuhuh,,...ladies and gentlemen, it was NOT an engangement ring!!!)

God is so great! He provided everything just in HIS right time.

3rd year:
- Bang Tepy played TOO MUCH billiard (or snooker or whatever).
- I was too busy with my internships

Communication, which was the main problem in the first two-years, was solved. We didn't have a constant phone, sms, e-mails, or chats; yet, we communicate to each other in our way. We were okay with the limited time we have to talk to each other. I was very happy :)

3rd year - summer break, Indonesia:
God gave me again an opportunity to go back home. It had been great to educate my faith in HIM. In the end, it was great for our relationship as well. Why?
- I learned that I have to depend on GOD instead of Bang Tepy, especially regarding my future (I was used to think like this "Hm,.. I want to work in Sumatera island,.. but what would Stefy do? Where would he want to work?", instead of asking God's will, God's opinion on my future)
- We learned to discuss spiritual things to each other to help us grow in Christ.
- We made a progress in our quite time.
- Since then, we have been praying for each other.

It was very cool! God is amazing.

4th year:
So far we have not really had a 'big' thing, but I like my relationship very much. We have been talking a lot about God, faith and our future. I can discuss about my doubt in God, my problem in praying, and other stuffs with Him. I also see that my prayer has been answered by God. Bang Tepy is not quite active with his church. he has been leading a bible study team a couple times. I am also growing, too. I have another church. I do some ministries.

God is so great...

What happen next?
I do not know, yet I believe He will give His best for us.
There are several things that might happen this 2006:
- I am done with my study, which means I am going back for good.
- Bang Tepy might COME TO THE NETHERLANDS to visit me and attend my graduation (Oh,.. God, please let this happen,..pray for me too, okay, friends :) )
- I might apply for Master degree in Australia.
- Bang Tepy will also graduate in the end of this year.

Lord, lead us Your way
and thank You for everything
Amin

Stefy, if it happens you read this post, I want to present this song to you

(bacanya sambil bayangin aku pegang mikropon,
nyanyi a la IDOLS,
dengan penuh penghayatan)

"Selamat tinggal kasih
sampai kita jumpa lagi
Aku pergi...Takkan lama..
Hanya sekejap saja ku akan kembali lagi
Asalkan engkau tetap menanti"
(Ello)


It might be cheesy, yet I like it. It fits,.. hehe cool huh?!

(!! For Ega, be faithful, bro! I kno you can do it. "percayalah kepada Tuhan, dengan segenap hatimu dan jangan bersandar kepada pengertianmu sendiri. JalanNya penuh damai sejahtera senantiasa."!!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

xD hehe two thumbs up buat hub kalean, ok ! hehe
hmmm bout rencana graduation lo.. hehe hope ur dream come true! ^^
btw.. love ur posts, keep it up!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home