Thursday, March 06, 2008

Holy Day

As tomorrow the Hindus will celebrate 'Seclusion Day', some friends and I are going for seclusion for a couple of days, too.

We are heading to Gedono. As a little 'village' (or some will proudly call it a town) in Centre Java, it has everything you need to relax and do 'back to the nature' rituals. Yet, we will not only do some relaxing; yet we will do a little retreat.

We are going to a monastery, named 'Pertapaan Bunda Pemersatu' to have a total contemplation experience. I heard from some people and read on some blogs/websites that this place is the right place when you seek quietness. You are not allowed more than 3 hours per day. Wow,.. intense! The nuns who dedicate themselves in that monastery only talk less than 3 hours in a day. They have various activities, from cooking to cleaning; from praying to worshiping.

I, too, heard that the nuns wake up at 3 o'clock in the morning to go the chapel and pray. The guests are also encouraged to do the same. (For goodness' sake. I can hardly wake up at 6 everyday :( ) Yet, they go to bed at 8 o'clock in the evening (oh my gosh, it is also another problem. You know what time I normally go to bed? not earlier than 11 o'clock. Sigh,...)

I honestly don't know what to expect, because I have never been to this kinda place. However, I am VERY excited!! I can hardly wait!!! Seriously,... I am realllllyy looking forward to go this place.

Thus, please pray for me that I will find God's presence and have new insight.

I really hope that God will speak to me through this trip.

Cheers,
Have a nice long weekend to all Indonesian who live in Indonesia :)

p.s. you can see some pictures of Gedono here

1 Comments:

Blogger akokow said...

do You speak to God, and He listens?
does God speaks to you and you listens?
or both of you don't speak, and only listen?
or both of you don't speak and don't listen?
silence.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home