Monday, July 16, 2007

Being YOU

It is not always easy to shout this word and really mean it, isn’t it?
At least, it is not for me. Telling people, or even some in a relationship people, to stay the same and not being another person in his life or his relationship is one thing; but to live this life?

I am not 100% sure whether I am being myself.

For me, being someone else, or at least, being a person whom other people expect, was easier and better. You please other people. You make them happy. How bad can it be? Nothing harm, right?

I had been a very smiley person - never got angry. Some people had even mentioned that I was the sweetest girl he had ever met in his entire life. When there was a conflict, for instance in my project group, I would stand up, not to help solving the conflict; I would stand up and admit that it should actually be my fault. End of story. It was easier, and, in my opinion, it was a win-win solution.

(Up till now, actually. I would say 'sorry' easily just because it is easier to admit that the fault is mine and to help solving the problem.) -->> it is totally wrong, Nia.

If I could give this world to someone needy, I gave it. I would even wrap it in paper with nice bow. *grinning* When I was just a little girl (what a song,…), I was the sweetest girl in my elementary school. I was so nice that my mom always got upset every time she found out that one of my stuff is gone *laughing*. From pen till cookies, new collected stickers to bracelet, anything you ask, I would give. If one of my friends said, “I like your pen, where did you buy it?” I would reply, “you like it? You can have it. Here it is!

And I still have other stories that would probably make you laugh, but that is not the point.

Today, I will share that, for me, it had been very easy to please people and not to think of myself. I cared of other peoples’ feeling more than I cared of mine.

And, I tell you the truth, I am getting sick and tired right now,…

Being yourself is not just letting other people know who you really are, but it is also accepting who you really are. What other people think is not as important as what you, yourself, think of you, think of who you actually are.

Being yourself is working and living within your limit. If you can’t do it or if you don’t have it, you admit it and, accept!

Being yourself is more than pleasing other people. It is to give yourself a great pleasure, it is treating yourself.

And more important, being yourself is your thanksgiving to your Creator. It is like saying, “God, thank you for creating me. I am special!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home