Friday, June 22, 2007

Dare to shine – will you ever let me shine?

I didn’t see my reward to go to Jakarta as a big achievement for me, because, first of all, it is not directly related to my main concern, main job. But it would be fun! I am so thankful to be chosen, really!

I negotiated this one-week trip to Jakarta to my boss and Human Resource manager. I was pretty nervous (and probably embarrassed) to tell some people at my office about this. First, it is a sassy event that is not directly related to my company. Second, it is a girlish event, so I am a little bit too old to join this kind of thing.

But, once again, I perceived it as a new experience. I am happy. And what made me even happier is my company, D~NET Surabaya, allowed me to go for a week.

Wow, what can be better than this whole package?

Until my dearest boyfriend, Stefy, acted strange, said strange things. Yes, as you may guess, he didn’t like it!

I was shocked to death when I discovered that he hated seeing me go to Jakarta for this event. I should have realized it, because Stefy hates things related to sparkling world (alias dugem = dunia gemerlap), or night life. In contrast, I quite enjoy night life. I love dancing. Going to pub or dancing club allows me to dance and meet friends. Yet, I rarely go to this kind of place.

Stefy assumed that this ‘Dare to Shine’ event is a girlish, hedonic event that will drag me to night life, shopping and other hedonic girl activities.

It is fair enough! I don’t like his hobby, billiard, either, but I try to compromise with his hobby. I let him play, but not too often.

Anyway, this event is not a hedonic event at all! I was chosen to work as a radio announcer. For goodness sake, it is something that allows me to explore my talent. It is not at all a beauty contest! I was chosen because of my ability in public speaking.

When this drama happened, I was silent. I tried to refigure my life and my relationship. I wondered, “honey, will you ever let me shine?”


(to be continued)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

humm... life's won't go that smooth dear!
but i wish you luck whether you went to jkt or not... :)

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home