Thursday, April 26, 2007

Welcome, princess!

Last night, I was the most beautiful and happiest woman in the world. It was nothing unusual. I was just invited to this family gathering –birthday party- of Stefy’s grandma. It was wonderful.
Why? Because I could blend with his family, chat with the cousins, joke with the uncles and presented myself well in front of them. I was very confident. I wasn’t confident because I felt pretty or success in front of them, no, not at all. I was confident because of who I am.
In result, his family and relatives liked me (at least, that’s what I thought).


Sel-feste-em
I rarely feel that way.

As I may have shared a couple of times in this blog, and to some particular people, I always feel little and useless. I feel nothing. I often feel that I haven’t achieved anything in particular, either in my career or my daily life.

Who am I? Just an ordinary girl, not pretty nor sexy; not tall nor white skin. I am just an ordinary graduate student who hasn’t excellent career at multinational company or as an entrepreneur, nor I receive any scholarship to continue my study in Harvard-liked universities.

"You are what you think you are"

This morning, a morning talk-show accompanied me as I sipped my coffee-latte (yes, you read it right, Nia drank coffee latte. What a disgrace!) and bit my chocolate bun. The MC said that phrase, "you are what you think you are." I held my coffee cup and looked at myself, deep inside myself, am I now what I think I am and I would be?

I have noticed me saying to myself, "Nia, you are hated, no one likes you. You are not wanted" or "Nia, you are not capable of doing this job. You are not good enough to do this" and other similar sayings. I have to admit, sometimes these sayings made me feel good. When bad things happen, it is easier for me to point the finger at me, blaming everything to me.
I know it is not healthy. Stefy warned me a couple of times; he also pondered how I could feel and see that way when I actually have so many potentials and talents.

Recent issue
FYI, I have just left my previous job in you-know-where land. There were so many issues going on and I could not bear it anymore. It was not me giving up, but I could not see the end point of the problems. Moreover, I no longer have the same perception and dreams that some people at the organisation have.

Honestly, I, once, carried the burdens all alone. I felt that the problems were caused by my incapability as PR manager to handle. Thank God, I knew it was such a lie. Thanks for the prayers, supports and everything that anyone in the world have been doing for my particular job and the particular place I worked.

When I had a little farewell event, which I actually hated, everyone said goodbye to me and cried. I didn’t expect that it would happen. I was there only for more than half year. Some elderly friends, which have become my family when I was there, uttered that I have touched their lives in some ways; they were blessed by me.

I cried (and am crying now). I had never thought that I would have such impact to people’s lives. Some of my housemates hugged me and continuously cried and said, "we will definitely miss you. We lose you, Nia. You were very meaningful." I couldn’t stop crying, for that miserable farewell moment, but mostly for the sayings I heard.

Some locals too said that they would miss me. They were very sad. One close friend also said that he would miss one person that usually encouraged him and cheered him up when he was troubled or sad.

A couple of days ago, I received some SMS saying similar things.

Honestly, I couldn’t believe that my life, work, saying and deeds have given some impacts to other people.

You are blessed coz I am
I think I should start thinking differently and confidently present myself as a princess. At least, I should present myself as I did last night: confidently walk and look other people, talk about myself, work, and my dream, and confidently encourage and support other people. Just imagine the way the little, insignificant Cinderella presented herself in front of the jet set during the dance party, even though just for a couple hours. Yes, although I am not pretty, sexy or dazzling (based on the worldly valuation), I MUST think that I am a blessing for other people and can touch other people’s lives by my skills and talents. And, most importantly, to think that I am WORTHY, because I want to be WORTHY.

Yes, I am worthy and I can be a blessing for other people. That is what I wanna keep doing in the future, in my daily life, work, education, family, friendship, and ministry: be a blessing!
One person sent me a message in the end of our chat that has become such an encouragement since then: "let’s stretch God’s kingdom on earth." Let’s do it by initially being a blessing for someone else.

Be a prince(ss)! And be a blessing!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hunny if you are not pretty nor sexy, then what am i??

geez..

2:22 PM  
Blogger Oma Nia said...

that's why I said "according to worldly valuation" But, if I am not pretty nor sexy thus you are stronger and crazier. heheheh,.. admit that, hunny, you now join karate!!! :D hahahahhaha

10:15 AM  
Blogger loiselse said...

u r A lucky womaN. So... "becoz.. U are precious and honored in My sight, and I Love U"...that's Bible said.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home