Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Stefy

Maybe it is a little too late to write about this topic, because I and Stefy celebrated our 6th anniversary a couple of days ago, March 29th; yet it is never too late to say how glad and proud I have been these past 6 years.

When I tell people how long I have been with my boyfriend, Stefy, they would either be just surprised or be surprised and ask me, “Why don’t you two get married?” Both of the comments express how people are perplexed with our relationship: it is too long to just date for six years; we are supposed to get married.

People will freak out and look at me in the eyes when I add that I and Stefy have been through 4+ years long distance relationship (four years when I did my degree in the Netherlands plus unknown time limit (yet), since I am now on duty somewhere in Timbuktu). “Are you nuts?” asked some of our friends.

Hm,..maybe we are. Stefy always declares, proudly, “It just happens that we are one-in-a-million couple!” When he is self-centred, he, then, goes, “yeah, a guy like me is born once in every thousand year.” Deep in my heart, I will bluntly acknowledge the One that has been with us all the time.

Our sixth year hasn’t been easy, not at all! You probably think that by the sixth year of our relationship, we would know each other so well that we wouldn’t fight anymore. We would know what each other likes and doesn’t like. Hm,…I tell you the truth that may freak you out, yes, we still fight, we argue, and in fact, I don’t really know what Stefy exactly likes and doesn’t like.

I just knew that he doesn’t like ‘nasi kuning’, which I love very much. He just found out a couple of months a go that I hate the way he talked to me when he isn’t in his good mood. He just told me how he is annoyed by the way I hide my feeling and run away from problems or arguments. And other things,..

I thank God very much for this brilliant year of our relationship. God has taught us so many things, through our good and bad times, romantic moment or arguments. One simple thing that He wanted us, or specifically me, to learn this previous year, was to know and be sure that He has provided me the right person. What I am required to do is to maintain the relationship and be assured that he is the one.

Mission accomplished. I am now sure that he is the one. It is too fairytale, I know. But, it ain’t easy to be assured that someone is right for you, at least, it hasn’t been easy for me. During our six years relationship, I, and Stefy, too, have met some other people that we had thought could be the right one instead; but He always brought us back together. It is more then enough for me to know that he is the right one.

In the past, I was just afraid that there is actually another guy, the right guy, somewhere else, waiting for me. I was afraid that I am actually destined to be with another guy. But no, we, human, have free-will. We are not robot, neither are we Sim City characters, that are designed and decided to do this and that, and to be with this or that person. We can choose. It is just how and who you choose. If we make mistakes, our Creator won’t be quite; He will do something. He will warn us and bring us back to the right path.

I have slipped, once or twice, and, indeed, He brought me back. And now, here I am, being somewhere in Timbuktu, having another long distance relationship with the same guy, Stefy, and still being in love to each other.

Thus, now, we are in our 7th year of our relationship. I am so excited! We are now praying for our future: engagement, jobs, master degree, and other practical things. Once a week we will fast and pray for our relationship, and, we are reading this book called,.. ehem,.. “101 questions you should ask before you get engaged” by Norman Wright. (Please don’t laugh :P)

By this, I would like to encourage all of you who are going through long distance relationship. You can make it, peepz. I won’t say that it is easy; in fact, it is hard, very tough. However, I can do everything in God who gives me strength, right? Nothing’s impossible. How, Nia? My tips are just depending fully on God, trying a little bit harder and never giving up.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you define the "one" or the "stuck-with-one-guy" ?

:p

ive just celebrated my 5 years of intimate-relationship-without-separation-more-than-a-week. :D

so congratz to us all.
i think imma have to borrow the book :p

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wakakka.. happy anniversary bu :)
gmn progress 101 questionsnya? smoga cepat kau ber-engage2 ria :D

9:21 PM  
Blogger Oma Nia said...

hehehhe,.. :)
lumayan ulm,.. bacanya uda lumayan. :) tp ya kadang suka ga mood ngisinya. soalnya everything we filled that in, we end up having a very long discussion. kadang uda ngantuk. maklum,.. telponnya malam2 :P

For iphien, i will answer your concern in my next post (hopefully soon)

12:45 PM  
Blogger loiselse said...

wah.... kayaknya sih bulan Juli, ada sesuatu nehhhhh???? seru.. seru.. seru... plus reuni CMH getuuuuuu.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home