Saturday, December 30, 2006

TV Host

Natural TV Host?

I am very proud to be called that way. Yesterday, the organization I work with organized an event, 2nd tsunami commemoration. I was the Master of Ceremony. Initially, I was not chosen to be the MC or presenter, yet I was saying to the committee that I would be more than happy to be the presenter together with my crazy, talkative colleague, Mey.

Thus, it happened yesterday. In the beginning, it was a little bit awkward, because it was a commemoration, a remembrance. I supposed it would be a mourning, serious event. Then, we realized that it would be a little bit boring if we were just being serious. In the end, we improvised.

I kept saying to Mey, “we are like Indy Barens and Indra Bekti”. *laughing*

We were presenting like crazy. All the lines that we have prepared were left out. We were very creative and spontaneous. I love that very much!

Back to Indy Barens. She is my idol. I like her very much. If I see her on TV, I always imagine being just like her one day. She is talkative, crazy, creative, comic, brave, dare to do embarrassing things, and SMART. Some comedians or funny presenters are just foolish. They just do funny or crazy stuffs without realizing what they do or know what they say. Yet, Indy Barens is one in a million.

My career to imitate Indy Barens can also be seen last Christmas. I voluntarily acted as a ‘zwarte piet.’ Zwarte Piet is a Dutch thing, or in Indonesia, you call it ‘Piet Hitam’. In English speaking country like US or UK, people are more familiar with en Elf. Thus, what Zwarte Piet does is accompanying Santa Clause (or Sinterklaas, in Dutch). Yet, unlike an Elf, Zwarte Piet is very mean; he will punish naughty children.

So, I was the Zwarte Piet in one Christmas celebration. Funny! Initially, I just had to accompany the Santa Clause; in the end, I turned out to do CRAZY THINGS, like doing Indian dancing, scaring the children, walking around the room, and doing other crazy things with the Santa Clause. VERY EMBARASSING -.-

And, yes, here I am, now famous as Zwarte Piet. Since the town where I now live is a very small town, everyone knows everyone. If I walk down the street or do my grocery shopping, some people will look at me, some will say hi, and laugh. -.-

Anyway, I can put that on my CV if I want to apply in replacement of Indy Barens. *giggling*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home